Memoirs of Rangoli ... (p30) - faces ... part 3

Rusirani Village, Jaipur
Rajashtan, India
February 2016

Smile tho' your heart is aching
Smile even tho' it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by

If you smile
Thro' your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shin-ing thro' for you

i was busy browsing pictures of the kids that i took earlier, hence showing to some of them that still lingered around before they ran towards other members, once the no longer excited to play with me. then one of the boy patted my shoulder and said something while pointing towards an old man that sitting near the window.

i wasn't sure, but i guess he was telling me that he wanted to be photographed. i heard they called him 'baba'. perhaps, he was the eldest of the host family that we visited there. it was a bit awkward to ask him to pose etc. and with my 35mm, i had to come closer to get my good moment. he just stood there silent, and gave a smile as i started to click my shutter. honestly, it was a bit stiff.

the boys teased him and he chuckled with a big smile.

our visit to Rusirani Village, was a memorable one to me. to see a different perspective of life in India, where less could mean enough. it took me away from thinking about the exhaustive rat life of Chadni Chowk and burnt my disappointment on the greedy mahout of Jaipur and their kids etc.

yes. always. it was one of the chapters of the trip that really made me smile.

Comments

Popular Posts