Jan 25, 2016

Bali ... the 6th time charm

Kuta Beach
Bali
August 2015

Bali again? i know. people asked me why i keep going to this beautiful island, and if a single answer that i have to speak of, it is because of its own charm made it a home away from home. and my 6th time charm, while accompanying my brother, i was actually trying to completing my check-list of the place - staying at north east bali and snorkeling at menjangan island. i guess other than Tulamben and Besakih, i've left my footprints in almost every corner of the island.

There'll always be a next time for a land with this kind of charm, as my check-list keep growing every year, but then i'll just save the rambling for later.

going to Bali, is like meeting an old friend. over the years visiting the island, i become a friend to yanto and his brother, abg ali, instead of being just a driver that i hired each time i went there. it is a genuine feeling, to catch up where we left, each time we meet. and as they knew that i'd been to the island more than usual, they are always open to entertain my own itinerary.

a week before departure, Yasir, my good friend from Brunei, asked me about driver to hire in Bali as he'd be going for a week training there and wanted to extend his stay. apparently our schedule coincided for 2 days. he decided to join us. anyway, since both Yasir and my brother were the first timer, i made the itinerary accordingly so that the short weekend gateaway would be able to give them the highlight of Bali, while at the same time allow me to complete my mission. so our itinerary this visit:

day 1 - arriving Bali - uluwatu - kecak dance - jimbaran dinner- overnight at Tanah Lot
day 2 - visit Tanah Lot temple - ride to Ulun Danu/Bedugul - Gitgit waterfall - overnight Pemuteran
day 3 - snorkeling at Menjangan Island - ride back to Kuta via south road - overnight Kuta
day 4 - Kuta free and easy - fly back to KL

i was not in a good health when we were flying there. i had my tonsil which haywired my body temperature at night, and gave me a very bad sore throat. but the trip must go on as we'd planning for it since early of the year. anyway..other than my health, the trip was almost been cancelled due to the recent eruption of Raung volcano of East Java. many flights been cancelled, and mostly got the notification on the day itself.

so..day 1..here it went ..



a nice but expensive dinner at Jimbaran to end our first day, followed by a long ride to Dewi Shinta hotel of Tanah Lot.

till then.

2 comments:

  1. eerrrrrrr...Bali lagi ????
    Udah -udah ler tu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe..akak nih..kampung saya tuu

      Delete